What are the inclusions in a Butterfly kit live caterpillars?
A butterfly kit is the most exciting way in which one can help their kids to engage in something fun and educational. Butterfly kits are available with some of the most renowned online sellers. You can get them at a very reasonable price and set up in your house as a nice project for your kids. Butterfly kits come with the basic necessities of feeding and helping the caterpillars to transform into beautiful butterflies. Even most of the schools buy Butterfly kit live caterpillars in order to help their students to engage in something as worthwhile as such a beautiful project. Here are a few things that are included in the butterfly kit-
• You will receive a cup filled with healthy little caterpillars. In the cup there is also food available for the caterpillars on which they survive until they turn into larvae. It is better to keep the cup in a cool place away from direct sunlight. It is also advisable to keep the cup closed for most of the times so as to prevent any kind of bacterial growth. With bacterial growth there can be a danger to the lives of the butterflies.
Normally if you want it for your home then you can get a cup of 5 or 10 caterpillars. If you want it for the school then the company usually provides a separate cup with one caterpillar so that each student can get a chance in rearing their own beautiful butterflies. Most of the available caterpillars will turn into painted lady caterpillars. The company normally promises that 3 out of the 75 caterpillars will definitely turn into beautiful butterflies. However, the weather in your area should not be below 40 degrees or above 85 degrees. In such a scenario the larvae may not survive the excessive heat.
• You also get a butterfly cage with your Butterfly kit live caterpillars. The cages are available in various shapes and sizes. Choose the cage depending on the availability of space in your home or depending on the number of caterpillars that you have bought. The smallest cage is a 3 foot long cage and the biggest one is 18 feet tall which you can hang in your home. All the cages are made out of mesh which makes it easier for the children to observe the butterflies in their developmental stage. Moreover there is a zip closure which can be used to let the larvae in or to let the butterflies out when they are ready to be released into the wild.
• Along with the mesh cage and the caterpillars, you also get the butterfly feeder, sugar and butterfly food. These foods help you to take care of the butterflies while they are in the developmental stage.
• An instruction guide comes with the Butterfly kit live caterpillars which will help the kids to take care of the butterflies.
• You will also get a coloring book with the kit. The coloring book will help your kids to color the butterflies before they are let into the wild.
Butterfly kit live caterpillars are a great way to help your children understand the developmental cycle of a butterfly. Butterfly kit live caterpillars help them to take a peek into the wonders of nature’s creations. Butterfly projects are great fun and are an ideal winter project which the children can also showcase in their schools.